The Company was established through the coming together of the Rotary, Lions and Round Table service clubs in George with a vision to provide accommodation for elderly persons in a retirement village. In April 1970 a Section 21 company was formed in terms of the Companies Act 1926 (subsequently replaced by Act No 71 of 2008).
At present the village comprises the following:-
- RLR Centre [established1980] 41 units [39 rented + 2 life rights].
- Murray House [established 1986] 24 life right apartments.
- Rendezvous Cottages [established 1991] 26 life right cottages.
- Kilpin House [established 2000] 2 life right apartments.
- Kay Barron [established 2003] 8 assisted living rooms.
- Lyttelton Annex – 5 assisted living rooms